In the whole process of conveyor belt application, the embrittlement of vulcanized rubber layer is easy to occur. After scientific research, the factors that lead to the embrittlement of vulcanized rubber are as follows:
1. Oxygen: in vulcanized rubber, oxygen causes the chain reaction of vulcanized rubber through the molecular structure of inorganic acid, which breaks the chain of molecular structure or leads to excessive chemical crosslinking, leading to the change of vulcanized rubber properties. Chemical action is one of the main causes of embrittlement of vulcanized rubber.
2. The organic chemical specificity of the active oxygen species is much higher and more destructive than that of the oxygen species. It can also break the molecular structure chain, but the influence of the active oxygen species on the vulcanized rubber is different, with the deformation of the vulcanized rubber. During the deformation of vulcanized rubber (mainly unsaturated fat vulcanized rubber), there is a vertical crack with the direction of in-situ stress, which is called "active oxygen crack". When the vulcanized rubber is deformed, only the surface layer is transformed into an air oxide film without cracking.
3. Heating: temperature rise can cause catalytic cracking or thermochemical crosslinking of vulcanized rubber. But the basic function of heat is still active. It is a kind of embrittlement state, and hot oxygen embrittlement is a common phenomenon. It increases the diffusion rate of oxygen and active redox reaction, and then accelerates the redox reaction rate of vulcanized rubber.
4. Light: the smaller the microwave, the greater the kinetic energy. Vulcanized rubber has destructive effect on the high kinetic energy of ultraviolet. Ultraviolet light can immediately cause the fracture and chemical cross-linking of the molecular chain of vulcanized rubber, and the mineral acid group caused by the digestion and absorption of light of vulcanized rubber can cause and accelerate the whole process of air oxidation chain reaction. Ultraviolet rays play a warming role. Another characteristic of light efficiency (as opposed to thermal efficiency) is that it is the key to rubber surface growth. In the samples with high adhesion rate, there will be cracks of double-sided network structure, namely "optical surface cracks".
5. Mechanical equipment: the whole process of in-situ stress: continuous friction between conveyor belts and constant buffering in-situ stress. The roller mechanical equipment will break the molecular structure chain of vulcanized rubber, lead to the chain reaction of air oxidation, and generate the whole process of organic chemistry. The whole process of mechanical equipment breaks the molecular structure chain and the active air oxidation of mechanical equipment. According to the current standard, who can take the lead? In addition, it is easy to cause ROS cracking under stress.
6. Water: there are two levels of water efficiency: vulcanized rubber is easy to be damaged in wet and cold gas rain or immersed in water. It is because the chemical substances dissolved in water and the cold water ester base of vulcanized rubber are melted by water immersion. Caused by hydrolysis, digestion, or absorption. Especially under the replacement of air bubble penetration and air exposure, the failure rate of vulcanized rubber is accelerated. However, under certain conditions, water will not cause damage to vulcanized rubber, and even reduce the embrittlement of vulcanized rubber. Efficiency elements also have organic chemicals, valence metal ions, source energy radiation sources, current and microorganisms.